Sunday 5 July 2015

Photo a Day in July - Week 1. Goodbye June, Hello July..why on earth is 2015 going so fast???

Where oh where is the time going, how can it possibly be July already?
Frankfurt has had a hot week...even this little family of Aussies has been feeling the heat, 
40C yesterday! Most of the of the week was spent finding ways to cool down.
We spent today escaping our sauna of a house, in our air conditioned car on a road trip to 
see a little bit more of beautiful Germany and discovered a spectacular castle.
Enjoy my week.

The prompt of the day is in red, the photo and description is my take on the prompt!
I'm off to have a nice cold G&T, 7.30pm and still 38C!


29
Hongqiao Airport, Shanghai, China
Let's go
Let's go and jump on the next plane departing, wherever it is going and head off on a 
mystery adventure! Have always wanted to do that...one day!

30
Forest, Frankfurt, Germany
Thankful
Thankful for so many things. Thankful that although today is the last day that my husband works in Germany, he has a six month contract to keep us here and allow us to land gently back home in Australia instead of a mad upheaval...and to see a bit more of Europe too. 
So thankful for my forest, my daily walks clear my mind and cleanse my soul.
Taken April 2015, the last of my archive month of June!

1
Romerplatz, Frankfurt, Germany
Wonder in the world
So many wonders in our world, so much beauty, so much adversity overcome to make the world a better place. I wonder at the Romerplatz in Frankfurt, mostly destroyed in WW2, 
rebuilt and reinvigorated, now home to many festival and visited by people from all over the world. 
Setting up for a festival now, had to be creative to get a shot with no scaffolding!

2
Ralph the dog in Germany
Adventurous
Ralph is quite adventurous in our forest, though today was a little warm for our Irish dog... 
so he was more adventurous in the cool stream as long as someone was willing to throw his ball.

3
White Swans, Main River, Frankfurt, Germany
Leadership
These little cygnets rely on the leadership of their parents to guide and teach them.
Love that swans mate for life.
Nearly joined them for a swim on a hot and humid day in Frankfurt.

4
A reflection of me
I asked my husband and girls to pick a few items from around the house that reflect
who I am, this is what they came up with...and a few others that wouldn't fit.
They are all reflections of me!

5
Castle Eltz, Moselle Valley, Wierschem, Germany
Begins with "W"
Wald is forest in German, we visited this gorgeous Wald/Forest today in Wierschem in the Moselle valley...and nestled in the forest was this gorgeous castle...the Burg Eltz...
has been in the same family for 33 generations

No comments:

Post a Comment