Sunday 28 June 2015

Photo a Day in June Week 4, Five countries in one week


It has been quite a week for my little family, the girls have studied hard, 
finished their final exams  and are now happily on Summer holiday. 
My husband has been to the UK to sign the contract that will keep us in Europe until December. 
It is all coming together finally. 
This time last year we were in the UK for my older daughter's school prom.
Today we were meant to arrive in Perth for our summer holiday and to catch up with 
family and friends. Life can change in an instant, we all need to make the most of every day 
and all be kind to one another, you never know what is around the corner.

The prompt of the day is in red, the photo and description is my take on the prompt.

22
Chinese New Year Fireworks, Shanghai, China
Loud
Nothing quite as loud...or spectacular as Chinese New Year fireworks in China.

23
The Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
Tickled Pink
I was tickled pink this time last year when my younger daughter and I got to go to Paris and 
catch up with our gorgeous Aussie friends who we met in Shanghai. 
So nice to see some friendly, familiar faces in such a spectacular city. 
They gave me a book, The Light Between the Oceans, by M. L. Stedman, 
based in my home state, Western Australia...great book and I was tickled pink to share it with my book club and discuss it today with my Frankfurt friends...the world is small and friendly!

24
Robyn in the London Eye
Photographer
I have been into photography since I was a little girl and took a box brownie everywhere. 
I never leave home without a camera...or two. This is me on the London Eye on my birthday in 2010

25
Tulip, Keukenhof, The Netherlands
Stands out in a crowd
This tulip stood out from the crowd of yellow blooms in Keukenhof, The Netherlands, April 2015

26
Big Ben, London, England
Tick Tock
Goes the world's most famous clock. Appropriate for today as my husband is in the UK 
signing our contract to stay in Germany until December. Tick Tock...the countdown to 
the end of our time living in Europe is on!

27
The Big Day
Was a big day, the day I married my long lost love, on my late Mum's birthday in a favourite spot. 
A new family was formed. The day was the beginning of big things, a move to Shanghai 
a month later. A big day that was so right. Have never looked back.

 28
Aussie Bush, Toodyay, Western Australia
Timeless Beauty
The good Aussie Bush, towering trees, scenting the air with the smell of Eucalyptus, the huge blue sky, the red dirt. We were meant to land in Perth this morning, for our "Summer" holiday which was changed for our move home in January 2016...we will have to wait a while longer to breathe in the 
warm, fresh air smelling of home.



1 comment:

  1. Wow. Plans do change fast.
    My book club read the Light Between the Oceans. It was a good one.

    ReplyDelete